Great news for owners of Stronghold 3 and inMomentum as a new update has rolled out for both of them. In addition, DOTA 2 beta testers can get their hands on a new build as Valve released a new update for it that features lots of additions and fixes. Those patches will be auto-downloaded next time you start the Steam client and you can view the entire changelogs for all three of them after the jump.
DOTA 2 Update Changelog:
-Added Dragon Knight and Omniknight!
-Chen: Fixed Holy Persuasion not removing buffs from the converted creep
-Chen: Fixed Hand of God working on dead heroes
-Huskar: Fixed not attacking his target right after Life Break.
-Batrider: Fixed Firefly being purge-able.
-Batrider: Fixed Sticky Napalm working on ancients.
-Storm Spirit: Fixed an exploit with Ball Lightning that could cause you to kill enemy units from your fountain.
-Storm Spirit: Fixed Ball Lightning’s stopping a little too early when almost out of mana
-Huskar: Fixed the first tick of Berserker’s Blood requiring you to be hurt.
-Riki: Fixed the Backstab sound sometimes playing when it wasn’t proccing.
-Sniper: Fixed Assassinate reveal debuff never disappearing if the target dodges it with a blink.
-Kunkka: Fixed X Marks The Spot teleporting you back if you buyback while the spell is still active.
-Jakiro: Fixed Dual Breath not being target-able on units directly.
-Queen of Pain: Fixed Sonic Wave not being target-able on units directly
-Batrider: Fixed Sticky Napalm not temporarily revealing the area.
-Batrider: Fixed Flaming Lasso not ending when Batrider dies.
-Zeus: Fixed a bug with spamming Arc Lightning quickly while there is another one still bouncing (only happens for very large amount of units).
-Skeleton King: Fixed loss of vision while reincarnating.
-Added missing Flail and Stun animations for Kunkka.
-Enabled Huskar, Batrider and Jakrio for Captains Mode
-Massive server performance improvements.
-Fixed vision range on Siege units.
-Fixed bounty values on Siege units.
-Added Legacy keys for new heroes
-Fixed attack damage for Centaur Outrunner
-Fixed limited life units (like Necronomicon units) having dramatically more duration when converted by Helm of the Dominator.
-Fixed backdoor protection turning off when dominated units are nearby
-Fixed legacy keys not working properly for a few of the recent heroes
-Only allow one commendation/report per person.
-Added a separate matchmaking pool for players who have repeatedly left games. Note: Any party that contains a player matchmaking in this pool will cause the entire party to match-make in this pool.
-Fixed Captain’s Mode pick timer getting reset during the 2 hero pick phases once a player does the first selection.
-Fixed Captain’s Mode random (when out of time) being able to selected heroes not enabled for CM.
-Added two spectator hot keys for controlling the replay speed (- and =).
-Double-hitting the “select all other units” hot key will now add your hero to your selection
-Game lobby leaders can now kick players out of the lobby.
-You will now be notified when you are kicked from a game lobby or party.
DOTA 2 BOTS
-Made bots a bit more wary of taking damage when defending a teammate.
-Bots will no longer back off as much when defending the Ancient or Barracks.
-Made bots (and particularly carries) want to farm a bit more mid-game.
-Fixed bug where bots were considering dead enemies in their Push Tower desire.
-Decreased the bots’ desire to go back to base to retrieve cheap non-TP items.
-Increased the bots’ desire to visit the secret shop as they accumulate money.
Stronghold 3 Update Changelog:
– The mouse cursor has been improved and will help with selection and responsiveness issues.
– Game speed added. Press + to speed up the game (x2 or x3 normal speed) and – to slow the game down to normal speed (x1).
– Buildings can now be placed on top of workers and animals. The game will move the workers or animals out of the way.
– Fixed issue with military units sometimes not selecting a new target after a fight.
– Fixed issue with Archers and Rangers not being able to attack walls & buildings.
– Fixed issue with wolves (and other animals) being able to climb up ladders.
– Fixed issue with siege equipment being able to climb walls/towers.
– Fixed crash when changing resolutions in game on some machines.
– Fixed issue with stone quarries and iron mines when a worker was turned back into a peasant.
– Fixed issues when quitting/continuing the Tutorial.
– Fixed several pathfinding issues in Tower of London siege map.
– Fixed issue with peacetime continuing from multiplayer games into single player games.
– Hostile animals now respond to missile fire.
– Fixed French keyboard layout.
– The Map Editor is now available from the Steam interface. To locate it click on the top menu ‘View’ and select ‘Tools’. Scroll down and you will see ‘Stronghold 3 – Map Editor’
– An extra large map size has been added to the Map Editor.
– A new large Freebuild map, Abandoned Lands, has been added.
– Various small bug fixes.
inMomentum Update Changelog:
– Fixed startup error regarding dependencies
– Fixed mouse sensitivity being reset automatically to default
– Fixed a rare bug where powerups would keep giving one and the same powerup all the time
– Fixed checkpoints staying green for clients on laps past the first
– Added ToggleSky console command
Toggles the sky on/off
– Added ToggleLightShafts console command
Toggles volumetric lighting on/off, removing the shadow artifacts that occur on some Radeon cards
– Added ToggleMotionBlur console command
Turns the motion blur and speed effect blur on/off
– Added ChangeDetailMode console command
Changes the detail mode of the game, reducing texture memory and overal SFX memory consumption
– Added NEW MAP EPI-RollerCoaster
– Reworked Music System
Music stays the same across different maps and does not change on restarts
Player can switch between different tracks using the following keys:
P key – Plays next random track
8 key – plays previous track from list
9 key – plays next track from list
– Added a Restart Level button: R key
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved - and still does - the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the "The Evolution of PC graphics cards."