Kalypso Media and Frima Studio have announced that upcoming dark fantasy strategy RPG Disciples: Liberation will be launching on October 21st. To celebrate this, Kalypso have also released a showcase of new screenshots that you can find below.
Disciples: Liberation marks a new beginning for the franchise. The game will allow players to explore a richly detailed dark fantasy world, fight foul beasts in intricate turn-based combat, take on hundreds of unique quests and foster relationships with an assortment of in-world factions: from a human empire tinged by religious extremism to the dark forces of the undead lead by a mad queen. Players can build an army and trade hard-earned resources for an assortment of upgrades to their home base. Furthermore, your choices will have an impact in this game. Depending on decisions and political alignments, one wrong move could see a deadly domino effect.
Here are also the game’s key features:
- 80+ hour single-player campaign. Experience a dark fantasy epic over three acts, with more than 270 quests and 5 unique endings
- Explore a war-torn overworld. Journey through 4 diverse environments – from luscious woodlands to fiery volcanic plains and icy tundra – and unearth the secrets hidden within the land
- Journey together. Join forces with 4 in-game factions – from proud elven clans to remorseless undead hordes, each with their own motivations and gameplay incentives
- Write your own story. Pick from 4 uniquely skilled classes and define your place in the world, recruiting others to take up arms for your cause
- Build a base. Take on quests for precious resources and use political savvy to build a place of planning and sanctuary
- Fight for your life. Recruit 50+ units and build an army best suited to your play style whilst honing both steel and spell in intricate-turned based combat
- Challenge deadly bosses. Pit your party against horrific monsters and beasts, each requiring a unique strategy
- Choice is everything. Let your decisions guide your fate and directly influence what sort of leader you become
- Fight your friends. Put forth the ultimate challenge and battle for supremacy in 2-player online skirmishes
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”