Pixpil and Chucklefish have announced that their anticipated 2D adventure title Eastward will launch on PC on September 16th. Featuring beautiful visuals, a stirring soundtrack and emotional narrative, Eastward promises delightful towns, strange creatures and even stranger people.
Set in the near-future, society is starting to collapse, and the human population is at an all-time low. A deadly toxic presence has spread across the land, destroying and devouring everything in its path. Escape the tyrannical clutches of a subterranean society and join Eastward’s unlikely duo on an exciting adventure to the land above! Discover beautiful yet bizarre settlements and make new friends as you travel across the world by rail.
Here are also the game’s key features:
- Single-player, dual character adventure RPG with puzzle-solving and dungeon elements
- Join John and Sam in their emotional journey across a world falling to ruin
- Meet a quirky cast of characters, encounter strange monsters and distant cities
- Beautifully rich pixel art, created using a combination of modern 3D lighting and retro-pixel style artwork
- Soundtrack composed by Joel Corelitz (The Unfinished Swan, Gorogoa, Death Stranding, Halo Infinite), with sound design from Irish studio, Hyperduck Soundworks
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”