Activision and Sledgehammer Games announced that the PC multiplayer beta phase for Call of Duty: WWII will begin on September 29th. This beta will be open to all PC gamers, will be available via Steam, and will last until October 2nd.
This test is a critical step on our road to delivering the best possible online experience on Steam at launch in November, with the following key goals:
- Stress test core gameplay systems and online backend infrastructure at scale
- Provide PC fans with their first hands-on experience of the boots-on-the-ground combat coming in Call of Duty: WWII Multiplayer
- Engage with the PC community to fine-tune and optimize the PC experience for November
Sledgehammer Games has also revealed the minimum PC requirements for this open beta testing that can be found below.
Call of Duty: WWII – Open Beta Minimum Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7 64-Bit or later
- CPU: Intel® Core™ i3 3225 or equivalent
- RAM: 8 GB RAM
- HDD: 25 GB HD space
- Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660 @ 2 GB / AMD Radeon™ HD 7850 @ 2GB or better
- DirectX: Version 11.0 compatible video card or equivalent
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible