Treyarch and Beenox have released a new patch for Call of Duty Black Ops 4. According to the release notes, this patch will update your game’s version to 1.03 and makes Leaderboards available for Multiplayer, Blackout, and Zombies, addresses an issue where player-created paintjobs may appear corrupted or stretched when placed on weapons and brings general stability improvements across Multiplayer, Blackout, and Zombies.
Furthermore, this patch comes with some PC-specific tweaks/fixes/improvements. Beenox and Treyarch have fixed an issue that should improve performance for players reporting stuttering and improved network connection stability when using voice chat.
In addition, this update fixes a crash related to equipping a Hellion Salvo with any Camo and the Fast Lock Attachment, addresses an issue where right-clicking in the Scoreboard could prevent mouse functionality as well as an issue in the Paintshop where the paintjob preview wasn’t rendering properly.
Blizzard’s launcher will download this update the next time you launch its client, and you can find below its complete changelog.
Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Patch 1.03 Release Notes
- Leaderboards are now available for Multiplayer, Blackout, and Zombies. For Multiplayer and Blackout, players will start ranking on Leaderboards after playing 25 games.
- Addressed an issue where player-created paintjobs may appear corrupted or stretched when placed on weapons. Previously created paintjobs may appear shifted or skewed as a result and may need to be readjusted.
- As a result of significant architectural changes between updates, previous Theater files can no longer be viewed. While this is an unfortunate side effect of live game development, we will make every effort to keep instances of incompatibility to an absolute minimum.
- General stability improvements across Multiplayer, Blackout, and Zombies.
- Improved spawn points on various maps in Free For All and Domination.
- Added “Sprint Cancels Reload” to Options in the Controls category. When enabled, this allows players to cancel their weapon reload by starting a sprint. This will not prevent sprinting or reloading if players are already sprinting and perform a reload.
- Addressed several issues with mantling and other first-person combat animations.
- Fixed an exploit where a player could use Crash’s TAK-5 for the duration of the match.
- Addressed an issue where Ruin’s Grapple Gun would appear to float from the player’s hand.
- Addressed an issue where Nomad’s Vision Pulse visuals would remain on enemies after respawning and during Best Play.
- Improved pathfinding for Prophet’s Seeker on various maps.
- Corrected an issue with voiceover lines occasionally playing at incorrect times.
- Weapons & Attachments
- Addressed issues with weapon Camos appearing on unintended portions of weapons.
- Addressed an issue where some Reactive Camos were not displaying correctly.
- Addressed an issue where friendly Players, Equipment, and Scorestreaks would display thermal visuals in the NVIR Optic.
- Additional spawns added for various game modes.
- Extended the silo catwalk Control zone into the missile area to provide additional cover when attacking and defending.
- Addressed an issue with Engineer that allowed highlighted Equipment to occasionally obscure enemy players.
- Addressed an issue where the Gunship’s thermal visuals could remain on enemy Players.
- Addressed an issue where the Mantis could not be controlled after calling in a Strike Team.
- Team kills with the Sensor Dart in Hardcore no longer count toward Scorestreak progress.
- We’ve improved stability in Easter Egg quests and high-round play, and are currently working on addressing more crashes.
- Addressed an issue where in-game XP notifications were appearing in Zombies. The XP earn rate across all Zombies modes has been verified and is unchanged.
- Improved pathing for enemy Zombies.
- Addressed instances of Zombies Challenges displaying incorrect completion requirements.
- Addressed an issue causing a delay before players could activate consecutive Special Weapon melee attacks.
- Addressed an issue causing a slight delay before players could pick up a Power-Up.
- Weapon Camos
- Addressed issues with Camos not properly applying to weapons.
- Addressed issues with several Camo Challenges not displaying the correct unlock requirements.
- Addressed instances of Pack-a-Punch Camos not appearing on specific weapons.
- Addressed an issue where the second part of the boss battle occasionally wouldn’t trigger properly.
- Addressed multiple issues with overlapping voiceover lines.
- Custom Mutations:
- Addressed an issue where players were not earning Nebulium Plasma in Custom Mutations.
- Addressed several stability issues when using different Custom Mutation options.
- Addressed an issue where Zombies characters were displaying incorrectly in the Inspection menu.
- Addressed issues with Splitscreen stability in the Staging Area.
- Addressed an issue with Challenges incorrectly tracking wins in Duos and Quads.
- Awareness Perk:
- Maximum player footstep volume while active has been lowered.
- Material sounds are now more audible over larger distances while active.
- Players can now report other users after the Killcam
- Fixed an issue where the field of view wasn’t properly reset to 3rd person FOV when using a 3rd person emote
- Fixed and issue where users would sometime experience a crash in high waves on IX
General Changes (PC)
- CodCaster is now enabled.
- Supported “Sprint Cancels Reload” option for Mouse and Keyboard
- Fixed an issue where right-clicking in the Scoreboard would prevent mouse functionality
- Fixed an issue where the Helion Salvo’s Fast Lock had an option to customize it
- Fixed an issue where equipping a Helion Salvo with any Camo and Fast Lock led to a crash
- Fixed an issue in the paintshop where paintjob preview wasn’t rendering properly
- Fixed an issue where View Distance settings was inverted in the graphics options
- Fixed an issue on “Cymbal Monkey Throw Mode” that did not behave like other grenades when “On Press” is active
Stability Fixes (PC)
- Improved network connection stability when using voice chat
- General stability fixes
- Fixed an issue that should help users reporting stuttering reach better performance. We’ll continue monitoring the performance closely to keep working on improvements.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”