Treyarch has detailed the October 21st update for Call of Duty Black Ops 4. According to the team, this patch addresses a crash at the end of matches for Master Prestige players in Multiplayer and Zombies and brings general stability improvements across all modes.
Furthermore, this update comes with improvements and tweaks to Zombies, Blackout and Multiplayer. For example, in Blackout it addresses an issue where players had to scroll right or left on the d-pad multiple times to navigate through Stash lists as well as an issue where the Collapse circle would sometimes appear invisible to players.
Treyarch has also commented on the 20hz server tickrate that the game currently supports in both Blackout and Multiplayer. According to the team, this was made for stability purposes and over the course of the next two weeks, we will roll out several updates to our network setup that will continue to improve.
As the team stated:
“We’ve also noticed a lot of discussion around network performance over the past couple of days and wanted to take a moment to address this directly. We’re constantly working to optimize the game, and particularly network performance, to ensure the highest quality online experience for our players. For a game launch with as massive a population as ours hitting so many global servers at once, we configure our infrastructure to ensure game stability as the highest priority over all other factors.
Now that we’re past the initial launch of the game, we are focusing on fine-tuning network performance around the globe, using the real-world data that we have collected. Over the course of the next two weeks, we will roll out several updates to our network setup that will continue to improve upon the experience of our players since launch.
As we have always said, launch is just the beginning, and we’re committed to making Black Ops 4 the best-supported game we’ve ever delivered. This is a journey that will involve constant adjustments, improvements, and additions.”
Below you can find the complete changelog for the game’s October 21st update.
Call of Duty Black Ops 4 October 21st Patch Release Notes
- Addressed a crash at the end of matches for Master Prestige players in Multiplayer and Zombies. We’re planning further improvements for related UI issues in a future update.
- General stability improvements across all modes.
- Addressed a crash when crafting the Shield with Frugal Fetish equipped.
- Various stability fixes across all maps.
- Blood of the Dead
- Addressed an issue with the Shield not displaying the correct updated version for the player.
- Addressed a crash when turning on the power in a Custom Mutations match.
- Stash Looting
- Addressed an issue where players had to scroll right or left on the d-pad multiple times to navigate through Stash lists.
- Circle Collapse
- Addressed an issue where the Collapse circle would sometimes appear invisible to players.
- Addressed an issue that highlighted the wrong score on the scoreboard if the scoreboard was opened immediately after death.
- Jumping while sprinting with Ruin now performs the same as with all other Specialists.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”