Transhuman Design has announced the release of its fast-paced retro 2D shooter game, Butcher, on Steam. Butcher is a love letter to the early 90s in which players kick corpses into a lava pit and adorn walls with blood.
Players take the role of a cyborg programmed to eradicate the last remains of humanity. Therefore, they are tasked with grabbing their weapon of choice (from chainsaw, through shotgun, to grenade launcher) so they can kill their way through underground hideouts, post-apocalyptic cities, jungles and more.
Here are the game’s key features:
- Ultra-violent uncompromising carnage in the spirit of Doom and Quake (chainsaw included)
- Skill-based gameplay mechanics
- Release your inner artist, paint the walls with (permanent) blood (up to 4 million pixels available to be painted per level)
- Use the environment (saws, hooks, lava pits, animals and other) to brutally dispose of your enemies
- Choose from an array of weapons (featuring classics like chainsaw, railgun and the deadly grenade launcher)
- Adorn more than 20 levels with the insides of your enemies
- Soak in the dark atmosphere reinforced by a wicked, heavy soundtrack (while you kick corpses around)
- Die painfully: melt in lava, become piranha food, get crushed by heavy doors… and more