Tom Happ announced today that Axiom Verge is now available for purchase on Steam and the Humble Store for PC, OSX, and Linux. Axiom Verge is an action-platform-exploration game that’s not only created in intricate detail in the style of classics such as Metroid, Contra, and Master Blaster, but uses old-school “glitches” as a gameplay feature.
Players will use glitches to scramble enemies, corrupt environments, and pass through walls into hidden areas in a massive alien world.
New features include Steam Cloud saves, Achievements, Trading Cards, Leaderboards (Global Leaderboards at launch, in-game Leaderboards shortly after), and in-game map reminders.
Here are the game’s key features:
- Explore an expansive non-linear alien world with more than 900 unique, interlocking rooms.
- Gobs of unique tools and abilities, loads of weapons, and tons of health/power/attribute upgrades.
- Battle with nearly 70 unique creatures and gigantic screen-filling bosses.
- “Glitches” now allow you to break past the boundaries of normal gameplay.
- Speedrun Mode – Play with a streamlined interface and additional features to facilitate speedrunning.
- Supports Steam Cloud saves, Achievements, Trading Cards, Leaderboards (Global Leaderboards at launch, in-game Leaderboards shortly after), and in-game map reminders.