AMD has released a new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.11.3 adds support for Dishonored 2, and fixes an issue in which Steam and Origin would terminate when using AMD X-Connect Technology on unplug.
This brand new driver does not feature any additional fixes. AMD has simply released this one in order to add official support for Arkane’s Dishonored 2.
Dishonored 2 is powered by the Void Engine; an engine that is based on the id Tech 5 Engine. Contrary to both id Tech 5 and 6, the Void Engine supports DX11 instead of OpenGL. Normally, this should mean that AMD’s graphics cards would not underperform in this particular title, however early reports suggest that AMD’s GPUs perform worse than NVIDIA’s counterparts.
You can download this new AMD driver from here.
And here is the changelog for the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.11.3:
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.11.3 Highlights
- Steam™ and Origin™ will no longer terminate when using AMD X-Connect Technology on unplug.
- A few game titles may fail to launch, experience performance issues or crash if the third party application “Raptr” has its game overlay enabled. A workaround is to disable the overlay if this is experienced.
- DOTA™2 may experience a crash when launched using the Vulkan™ API on some Graphics Core Next products.
- Battlefield™1 may experience an intermittent application specific error message popup citing graphics device removal
- Flickering may be experience while playing Overwatch™ in the main menu or viewing character models using AMD CrossFire mode.
- H.264 content playback may experience playback issues on internet browsers with hardware acceleration when also running gaming applications or content.
- FIFA 17™ may experience an application hang or black screen on launch for some select Hybrid Graphics or AMD PowerXpress mobile configurations.
- H.264 content may experience blocky corruption when streaming using P2P content players on some Radeon RX 400 series graphics products.