AMD has released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the red team, the AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.5.2 driver offers optimal performance in Days Gone. It also adds support for Microsoft DirectX 12 Agility SDK and Microsoft Shader Model 6.6.
As always, this new driver also comes with a number of bug fixes. For instance, it resolves some shadow corruption issues on Radeon RX 6000 series graphics in Cyberpunk 2077 when ray tracing is enabled. It also fixes a Radeon Software crash when Record & Stream tab is in use and a display is hot plugged.
You can download this new driver from here. You can also find its complete changelog below.
AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.5.2 Driver Release Notes
- Days Gone
- Microsoft® DirectX® 12 Agility SDK & Microsoft® Shader Model 6.6
- Uninstalling or upgrading Radeon Software using the factory reset option may delete AMD chipset driver folders if they are stored in the same directory as the Radeon Software installation. Users who wish to perform a factory reset are recommended to use the latest AMD cleanup utility instead.
- Cyberpunk 2077™ may experience shadow corruption on Radeon RX 6000 series graphics when ray tracing is enabled.
- Intermittent loss of signal during AMD Link’s Stream Optimization if HEVC is used on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products or later.
- The download or launch Ryzen Master buttons in Radeon Software may intermittently disappear or may fail to initialize Ryzen Master.
- FPS logging may log incorrectly or fail to log on RyzenTM Mobile 4000 series and RyzenTM Mobile 5000 series.
- Radeon Software may experience a crash when Record & Stream tab is in use and a display is hot plugged.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”