AMD has released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.10.2 offers optimal performance in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, The Outer Worlds and Chernobylite Early Access.
Going into slightly more details, this driver improves performance by up to 18% in COD: MW on the Radeon RX 5700 XT. Moreover, it improves performance by up to 8% on the Radeon RX 5700 XT.
This new driver also fixes an application hang in Borderlands 3 after running the in-game benchmark or changing resolutions. It also addresses some flickering issues while playing media in Movies and TV application when using some displays connected via USB Type-C. Moreover, it resolves some temp blank issues when launching League of Legends.
You can download the AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.10.2 driver from here. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.10.2 Driver Release Notes
- Call of Duty™: Modern Warfare
- With ultra presets on the Radeon™ RX 5700 XT, achieve up to 18% better performance playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 edition 19.10.2 than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.10.1. RS-322
- The Outer Worlds™
- With very high presets on the Radeon™ RX 5700 XT, achieve up to 8% better performance playing The Outer Worlds with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 edition 19.10.2 than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.10.1. RS-321
- Chernobylite™ Early Access
- Launching League of Legends™ may cause the display to remain blank for a few seconds.
- Radeon Chill may create an incorrect registry entry when enabled or disabled.
- Borderlands 3™ may experience an application hang after running the in-game benchmark or changing resolutions.
- Flicker may be experienced while playing media in Movies and TV application when using some displays connected via USB Type-C.
- Some Radeon RX Vega and Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may intermittently experience a thread stuck crash or TDR when there is a high GPU load active.
- The Outer Worlds may experience character models being rendered incorrectly on the inventory screen.
- Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may experience stutter in some games at 1080p and low game settings.
- Performance Metrics Overlay may cause stutter or screen flashing on some applications.
- Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may experience display loss when resuming from sleep or hibernate when multiple displays are connected.
- Toggling HDR may cause system instability during gaming when Radeon ReLive is enabled.
- Stutter may be experienced when Radeon FreeSync is enabled on 240hz refresh displays with Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
- AMD Radeon VII may experience elevated memory clocks at idle or on desktop.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”