AMD has released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the AMD Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.8.3 driver offers optimal performance in Project CARS 3 and Marvel’s Avengers.
Furthermore, this new driver improves performance in Fortnite DX12. With this driver, a Radeon RX 5700 XT GPU offers an average 12% better FPS performance on DX12/Epic settings.
It’s also worth noting that the AMD Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.8.3 driver adds some new Vulkan extensions.
Lastly, this new driver also comes with a number of game fixes. For instance, it resolves a crash in Mortal Shell when opening the inventory window in game. It also fixes a crash in eFootball PES 2020 at launch on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
You can download this new driver from here. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
AMD Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.8.3 Driver Release Notes
- Project CARS 3™
- Marvel’s Avengers™
- Using AMD’s latest driver Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 edition 20.8.3, a Radeon™ RX 5700 XT GPU offers an average 12% better FPS performance in Fortnite™ (DX12) on the Epic setting, vs. the previous driver iteration, Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 edition 20.8.1.RS-340
Added Vulkan® Support
- This extension adds more dynamic states. This allows applications to reduce the need to recompile and bind pipeline state objects.
- This extension allows applications to store application-defined data in a 64-bit private data slot.
- This extension adds stricter requirements such that drivers return default RGBA values instead of undefined values for out-of-bounds reads. The number of components returned depends on the number of components present in the selected format.
- This extension indicates the driver’s support for shader modules using the SPV_GOOGLE_user_type SPIR-V extension.
- Mortal Shell™ may experience a game or application crash when opening the inventory window in game.
- Enabling HDR on some Radeon FreeSync 2 displays, may intermittently cause the display refresh rate to be forced to the FreeSync ranges minimum refresh rate during gameplay.
- Surviving Mars™ may experience an application crash or hang at launch on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
- eFootball PES 2020™ may experience an application crash at launch on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
- Radeon Overlay may not be available or may fail to invoke on Hybrid Graphics system configurations when playing Hyper Scape™.
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive™ may experience intermittent stutter when some applications are running in the background such as third party matchmaking clients or Discord™.
- YouTube playback may become frozen with Microsoft® Edge player and Chrome™ when played on an extended display on some AMD Ryzen™ 7 3000 series and AMD Ryzen™ 4000 series APU system configurations.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”