AMD has released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the red team, the AMD Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.8.1 Driver is optimized for Horizon Zero Dawn, Grounded and Hyper Scape.
This driver improves performance when using the Epic preset on the Radeon RX 5700 XT by up to 9% in Grounded. Unfortunately, AMD has not revealed any percentage improvements for the other two games.
This driver also bugs a number of fixes. For instance, it fixes an issue that could cause very dark or dim screen when changing V-Sync settings in Doom Eternal. It also fixes an application crash or hang when waking from sleep after joining the AMD User Experience program.
You can download the AMD Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.8.1 Driver from here. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
AMD Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.8.1 Driver Release Notes
- Hyper Scape™
- Horizon Zero Dawn™ Complete Edition for PC
- The Epic preset on the Radeon™ RX 5700 XT offers up to 9% better FPS performance playing Grounded with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 edition 20.8.1 versus the Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.7.2.
- With Radeon FreeSync enabled, task switching to another display or application may intermittently cause the desktop refresh rate to be locked to an arbitrary interval causing stuttering.
- Streaming and recording features are not working or are failing to enable on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products in Windows® 7 system configurations.
- Radeon Software may experience an application crash or hang when waking from sleep after joining the AMD User Experience program.
- DOOM™ Eternal may experience a very dark or dim screen when changing V-Sync settings in game with HDR enabled.
- Hot plugging a powered off HDMI display and then powering on the display, may intermittently cause a system crash or hang.
- Enabling Instant Replay may rarely cause a system hang or TDR on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
- Compatibility Advisor may show an “Unable to get requirements” error message when opened. Users will need to perform a factory reset of settings in Radeon Software for this fix to take effect.