Conatus Creative has announced that its 8-bit beat’em up, River City Ransom: Underground, will be coming to Steam on February 27th. In order to celebrate this announcement, Conatus Creative released the launch trailer for River City Ransom: Underground that can be viewed below.
In River City Ransom: Underground, players will help a new crop of fighters defeat the hordes of River City, and clear their name in a sinister kidnapping plot. Players will earn money, unlock moves, and upgrade their skills.
This modern take on an old classic features over 500 unique street fighting moves, dozens of weapons, secrets galore, and a bonus arena fighting mode.
Here are the game’s key features:
- Online co-op and arena death match for up to 4 players
- A new chapter in the River City universe
- 10 playable heroes in the story campaign, each with their own fighting style
- 30 enemies to vanquish
- 140 levels to explore, complete with hazards and secrets
- 22 shops to upgrade your characters
- Arena multiplayer combat mode features team selection, modifier modes, and CPU partners: can you unlock every fighter?