Clover Bite and Akupara Games announced that their highly-anticipated title GRIME will be coming to PC on August 2, 2021. In order to celebrate this announcement, the teams released a new trailer that you can find below.
In GRIME you control a nameless embodiment of destruction and hack and slash your way through an aberrant landscape where rock-formed monsters rule. Armed with a variety of “living weapons” and a black hole head, you consume the essence of the fallen to strengthen your vessel and unlock powerful upgrades.
Yarden Weissbrot, GRIME’s director, said:
“The world of GRIME was one that I’ve always wanted to experience in my gaming. You’ll see inspirations from my favorite games like Legacy of Kain and Salt & Sanctuary – almost like an amalgamation of all my favorite gaming inspirations and memories packaged in a playable experience. We added our own unique and strange elements to the universe by including weapons with distinct personalities, a broken, desolate-yet-living world, and an unconventional parrying system where you literally use your head to absorb oncoming attacks or redirect projectiles to name a few – it’s truly a visceral experience.”
Here are also the game’s key features:
- Eye-Popping Surrealism. Uncover mysterious secrets in weeping caves and face-covered deserts. Meet otherworldly characters in distinct civilizations across an organic, interconnected world – all rendered in unearthly 3D. Face foes born of the world itself, and swallow them whole.
- Death-Defying Combat. Punish enemies by parrying their attacks, smash them from the ground or even airborne, and absorb them to grow your strength as you wage war on a living world.
- Living Weapons. Seamlessly swap weapons made of living creatures that mutate form during combat, from clawing swords to centipede whips.
- Unique Skill Progression. Hunt down and absorb challenging monsters to improve your skills and bring true customization to your playstyle.
- Challenge Astonishing Bosses. Defeat creatures dozens of times your size. Adapt to their strategies, withstand their assault, and consume them to gain game-changing abilities that affect both combat and traversal.