Crisp has released a pretty cool mod for Halo 3 that brings Call of Duty Zombies to Microsoft’s shooter. In this mode, players will fight their best to survive round after round, with the flood growing stronger and more numerous as rounds progress.
Additionally, this mode features a points system, with guns and perks available to purchase. Thus, if players get lucky, a few special powerups might drop from zombie corpses too.
You can download the mod from here. You can also find its key features below.
Halo 3: Zombies Key Features
- Round bases waves of flood. With every new round, the flood grows stronger, more numerous and will start employing more varied flood types to keep things a challenge.
- Full cooperative support. Team up with up to three others to take on the flood, work together to earn points, but make sure your friends are willing to play fair. Points are shared across the team, don’t get greedy and you might survive.
- A fully functional downed state and revive system. Zombie smack you too hard? Don’t worry, as long as you brought a friend they simply have to get nice and close and hold the scoreboard button (defaults to TAB on PC and BACK on an Xbox controller) to revive you. And in case you came to this fight alone, the Revive Ready perk gives you an escape from death when downed (solo mode only).
- Speaking of perks, players can also spend their points on Shield Up! Put a few more layers of energy shielding between the flood and you. In co-op mode Revive Ready doubles the speed at which you can revive downed players. Note that perks are lost upon being downed.
- Wall guns, and they ain’t free. A few standard issue firearms as well as some covenant accquisitons are available for purchase at your nearest wall. However, if you want the best stuff both the UNSC and the Covenant has to offer you’ll have to try your luck at the Mystery Box. If you’re really lucky you might even find something Forerunner in there.
- An assortment of perks have a chance to drop from corpses of the flood you’ll leave in your wake. A total of five powerups feature in this mod, they’ll be sure to get you out of any sticky situation.
- Special flood waves. The gravemind doesn’t want to lose this fight, watch out for an untimely cover of darkness.