Focus Home Interactive recently released Cold Iron’s Aliens Fireteam Elite, and the first mods for it have appeared online. So, today we present you two mods that add Subsurface Scattering, HBAO, better Volumetric Fog, “Whole Screen Shadows” and a FOV.
The first graphical mod comes from ‘Xayjyn’ and introduces numerous new graphics effects. This appears to be a must-have mod as it will noticeably improve the game’s visuals. At the end of the article you can find some screenshots from it.
Here are all its graphical enhancements:
- Subsurface Scattering. Why this was disabled is a mystery, as even on consoles it’s pretty much free.
- ACES Tonemapping. One has to guess they simply wanted a more “classic game” look with the supplied tonework and color space. With blasting reds and Brown and Gray everywhere. No thank you. Also if you need to fix AA, why are you running AA at all.
- True Volumetric Fog. 2D is now 2.5D; yes it’s more atmospheric, and yes it will hella block your vision if you’re at the right angle.
- Screen Space Color Matched Shading. Goes with the ACES for neato shading on all those slat covered light walls. Spoooky.
- HBAO.The fanciest of AOs. No more weird gray halos.
- Whole Screen Shadows. Pretty self-explanatory
The second mod comes from ‘gladias9’ and introduces Smart Human Companions, Extended Camera FOV, New Class Loadouts and Increased Corpse Limits.
Lastly, make sure to read our PC Performance Analysis.
Have fun (and kudos to our reader ‘darks‘ for the heads up)!