InXile Entertainment has released a new developer diary for The Bard’s Tale IV, in which lead designer David Rogers walks us through the details of inXile’s previous Bard’s Tale IV video, breaking down each scene and going into detail on all the gameplay features being shown.
The Bard’s Tale IV is a classic fantasy RPG powered by Unreal Engine 4, featuring dynamic turn-based combat, a full party of characters to build and customize, and first-person exploration of maze-like dungeons with devious puzzles and riddles.
Here are the game’s key features:
- A single-player, party-based role-playing game, rich in exploration and combat
- Dungeons filled not just with dangerous fights but with challenging puzzles and devious riddles
- Dynamic phase-based combat, where the pace of battle is animated and fluid, but still gives you time to think and respond to your enemies
- A game set to beautiful Gaelic music, where the Bard’s songs and melodies affect gameplay
- Built using Unreal Engine 4, for PC, Mac and Linux. Available from Steam, or DRM-Free from GOG.com or The Humble Store
- Available in English, French, German, Russian, Spanish, and Polish
- Built for and with the help of our fans. Your feedback and input directly impact the design and features of the game during alpha and beta stages