Square Enix has shared the first official gameplay trailer for Life is Strange: Remastered Collection. This trailer gives us a 5-minute sneak peek of the upcoming collection, which contains enhanced versions of the first two games.
According to the publisher, here are the new tech details that are showcased in this trailer.
- Now rendering in native 4K in Unreal 4, with a rebuilt lighting pipeline.
- New and updated 4K-ready character models with increased polycounts and additional bones are visible throughout
- All character models feature more emotive and expressive animation, more natural hair physics, and updated tears, injuries, and more.
- Max’s tears and expressions are more detailed with updated facial SFX
- Nathan and Chloe’s facial expressions and eyelines have been revamped
- New lip-sync animation throughout.
- New and updated scenic materials for reflectivity and texture.
- Updated models and materials for key props, ex. the bucket in the bathroom
Life is Strange: Remastered Collection will release on February 1st, 2022.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”