Square Enix has released a new gameplay trailer for Octopath Traveler 2. This trailer shows off around 5 minutes of new gameplay footage from this upcoming JRPG.
Octopath Traveler 2 promises to take the series’ HD-2D graphics, a fusion of retro pixel art and 3DCG, to even greater heights. In the sequel, players will venture into the world of Solistia and experience the adventures of eight brand-new travelers in an exciting new era.
Square Enix will release Octopath Traveler 2 on February 24th, 2023. Below you can also find the game’s key features:
- Begin your adventure as one of eight new travelers, each with their own origins, motivations, and unique skills.
- The series’ HD-2D graphics, a fusion of retro pixel art and 3DCG, have reached even greater heights.
- The story takes place in Solistia, where diverse cultures thrive from east to west and the industries of the new era flourish. You can sail the seas and explore every corner of a world that changes from day to night.
- Each traveler has a unique set of Path Actions they can use to battle townspeople, obtain items, take others along in their travels, and more. Where will you go? What will you do? Every path is yours to take.
- Familiar mechanics from the original game have been preserved, like the freedom to develop your travelers’ jobs and skills, as well as the Break and Boost system that made battles so exhilarating. New mechanics have also been added.