Private Division has released the second major update for The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition. According to the release notes, Update 1.2 aims to reduce hitching and stutters on PC.
Going into more details, Patch 1.2 packs various improvements to reduce hitching issues across all platforms. Moreover, it features framerate improvements on all platforms.
Additionally, this update comes with specific DirectX 12 allocation improvements to fix hitches on PC. Furthermore, it improves LODs to reduce popping, and brings lighting improvements.
As always, Steam will download this update the next time you launch its client. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition Update 1.2 Release Notes
• Replaced dynamic resolution with FSR and added option selector on PC
• Framerate improvements on all platforms
• Various improvements to reduce hitching issues across all platforms
• Specific DirectX 12 allocation improvements to fix hitches on PC
• Fixed settings auto-detection on PC
• Fixed multiple flickering issues
• Optimized graphics settings on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series S/X
• Optimized VFX during combat to address frame rate dips
• Fixed occasional crash when detecting graphics settings on PC
• Various bug fixes
• Fixed bug where EULA needs to be accepted after every launch
• Material and texture updates to remove visible seams and improve overall visuals
• Lighting improvements
• Fixed excessive shadow popping bug in Roseway
• Fixed disappearing reticle when changing settings during gameplay
• Also fixed floating grass in Monarch
• Improved LODs to reduce popping