KISS Ltd and Kavcom announced today that the remastered version of The Bitmap Brothers’ classic action real-time strategy title Z releases tomorrow on Steam and other digital services. Developed by original creators The Bitmap Brothers and Kavcom, everything from the original version of the game is in here from the terrific comedy cut scenes to the frantic game play making this is the definitive version of Z.
Managing Director of Kavcom, Tony Kavanagh, said:
“It’s finally here, and I’m pleased to say that Z: The Game on PC is everything we wanted it to be. We’ve built it from scratch for today’s PC’s, but have keept all of The Bitmap Brothers’ unique style, humour and attitude. I’m sure Z fans old and new will just love it.”
Here are the game’s key features:
• Z is a real time war game played in a totally free environment.
• A breathtaking race to capture territory and resources. Crush your enemy before they overpower you.
• Over thirty minutes of humorous movie sequences provide intros and outros for each level.
• Movie and in game voice overs are spoken in English, French, German, Italian or Spanish.
• Z has a conditional Music system, which reflects in real time the mood of the battle.
• Z has six types of Robot soldiers each with their own individual personalities. Will they carry out your orders and march into the jaws of hell? Or will they chicken and run?
• Robots perform up to 40 different actions, armed with rifles, machine guns and antitank missile launchers.
• Twenty challenging levels set on five planets each with a unique terrain ranging from Arctic waste to lands of fire and lava.
• In game world map and radar which can be displayed at any time.
• Lots of hardware for you and your soldiers to control, ranging from three types of tanks, jeeps, repair vehicles and armoured personal carriers to field guns and missile launchers.
• Robot leaders provide you with spoken alerts throughout the game.
• Capture and control installations including factories manufacturing robots and vehicles, radar and vehicle repair facilities.
• You choose what kind of robot or vehicle your factories manufacture.
• Z comes with pictorial player guide.