SEGA has released a major new patch for the PC version of Yakuza 0. According to the release notes, this patch adds FOV slider in advanced graphics menu, improves ultrawide display support and camera control when using the mouse and more.
Furthermore, and even though the release notes do not list it, SEGA has removed the Denuvo anti-tamper tech from the game. We can confirm after testing the beta patch that Denuvo has been removed. The game now loads instantly and the size for the game’s executable file has been significantly reduced (all games using Denuvo have executable files that are around or more than 200MB. In Yakuza 0’s case the executable file prior to this patch was 220MB and it’s 20MB now after applying the beta patch).
Going into more details, this beta patch also adds support for QWERTZ and AZERTY keyboard layouts, adds Background audio slider in audio menu, adds UI toggle in settings menu, improves mouse scroll wheel behaviour and improves Alt+Tab behaviour.
To access the beta patch, PC gamers will need to enter this password “DragonOfDojima” in the BETAS tab in Properties in Yakuza 0 in your Steam library.
Below you can find the complete changelog for this latest Yakuza 0 update.
Yakuza 0 Beta Patch v3 Release Notes
- Fixed an issue related to shaders and shadow rendering affecting lighting/skin tone (most noticeable during cut scene at the end of chapter 6)
- Fixed an issue where certain particle effects were not being displayed (most noticeable when using certain weapons like the cannon)
- Improved ultrawide display support
- Added FOV slider in advanced graphics menu
- Added border artwork displayed during areas with locked aspect ratio when played in non-16:9 display modes
- Added Background audio slider in audio menu
- Added UI toggle in settings menu
- Added target monitor output selection option for multi monitor setups in advanced graphics menu
- Added support for QWERTZ and AZERTY keyboard layouts
- Fixed an issue where disconnecting a controller during conversation could cause a soft lock
- Fixed an issue where mouse cursor would be confined within application window while in menus
- Fixed an issue which could cause a crash when playing the fishing mini game
- Fixed an issue where the game could crash if the installation folder path includes a dot
- Improved behaviour of camera control when using a mouse to use raw mouse input
- Improved mouse scroll wheel behaviour
- Improved Alt+Tab behaviour