Blizzard has announced that the fifth expansion to its acclaimed massively multiplayer online role-playing game, World of Warcraft, will be called Warlords of Draenor and will be released this Fall.
According to the press release, this new expansion will lead players to the untamed world of Draenor, where the orc warchief Grommash Hellscream is forging his twisted Iron Horde into a world-shattering weapon of conquest.
“Faced with seemingly insurmountable odds, the champions of the Horde and the Alliance must establish a base of operations on Draenor and seek out courageous allies to make a stand against Hellscream’s mighty war machine.”
Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment, said:
“We’re sending players deep into uncharted territory with Warlords of Draenor. New features like the Garrison will give players a commanding role in the Warcraft saga like never before, and everyone can get in on the action right away with the included level-90 boost. There’s never been a better time to go to war for the Horde or the Alliance.”
Here are the key features of Warlords of Draenor:
· Explore a Savage World: Explore the hostile world of Draenor, home of the orc and draenei races, as it once existed, and adventure in all-new zones alongside characters central to Warcraft history.
· Build a Garrison: Construct, command, and expand your own customizable stronghold on Draenor, and gather NPC followers to collect resources and embark on missions on your orders.
· Instantly Upgrade to Level 90 †: Upon pre-purchasing the expansion, boost one character of your choosing to level 90, making it easier than ever to enjoy the latest content together with your friends.
· Step Into New Character Models: Character models and animations forWorld of Warcraft’s original playable races are being fully revamped while maintaining the game’s iconically epic style.
· Adventure to Level 100: Reach new heights of power and unlock bonuses to further enhance your abilities on your way to the new level cap of 100.
· . . . And More: Take on a wide array of Dungeons, Raids, Scenarios, Battlegrounds, Challenge Modes, and more—no matter what kind of content you enjoy, new adventures await.
Warlords of Draenor will come in a Standard Edition (physical and digital versions available), which players can pre-purchase now at a suggested retail price of £34.99.