MachineGames has released a brand new update for Wolfenstein: Youngblood. Patch 1.05 adjusts the difficulty of all boss fights, and takes a variety of actions to reduce the feeling of enemy “bullet sponginess”.
Moreover, this patch adds more special weapon ammo throughout more difficult areas, and allows players to toggle on or off the enemy health bars. This patch also increases the speed of switching between certain weapons to make it easier to adapt to enemy armor types.
Naturally, this patch also comes with a number of balance tweaks for some weapons. Not only that, but update 1.05 adds some additional mission checkpoints. The patch also improves the AI of your sister. For example, the AI will now get out of the way of large enemies more often. Furthermore, it improves AI’s ability to successfully heal the player when they are down.
As always, Steam will download this patch the next time you launch its client. Below you can also find the complete changelog for this latest update.
Lastly, Bethesda released a new trailer for this patch that you can find at the end of this article.
Wolfenstein: Youngblood Patch 1.05 Release Notes
- Adjusted difficulty of all boss fights.
- Enemies can now have their health bars toggled on or off in the Options menu. (This does not turn off armor types.)
- Took a variety of actions to reduce the feeling of enemy “bullet sponginess”.
- An amount of ammo for basic weapons is now replenished after a player respawns.
- Added more special weapon ammo throughout more difficult areas.
- Added duplicate tutorial laptops to the game to make 100% completion more attainable.
- Fixed an issue that could cause some enemies in certain areas to spawn prematurely.
- Increased the speed of switching between certain weapons to make it easier to adapt to enemy armor types.
- Client players can now explode Host player DKW charges by shooting them.
- A data tape required to complete the Silent Outpost mission could go missing, preventing completion of the mission. This tape will now appear correctly for all players.
- Equalized damage modifiers for all weapon classes and upgrades for Host and Client players. Previously a bug could cause one player to do a lot more damage with certain weapon types and upgrades.
- The “available unlocks” and message could play despite there being active enemies. This will no longer occur.
- Fixed a variety of timing bugs with completion events that could cause progression not to be saved in certain circumstances.
- Co-op levers will now work much more reliably when playing solo.
- Improved sister AI so that she gets out of the way of large enemies more often and improved ability to successfully heal the player when they are downed.
- Tutorials not collected by players in Paris Streets sections 1 or 2 will now be present in Paris Streets section 3. This will allow players to backtrack from later sections of the game in order to get tutorials that count towards game completion percentage.
- Added checkpoints to all Tower mission and Tower Guardian fights. Note that returning to the towers after completing the main missions will not have checkpoints.
- Players who expend all lives and reset to the latest checkpoint will now find their base weapons refilled to at least 50% of ammo capacity. This will function with all ammo modifier skills and upgrades but does not affect special or heavy weapons.
- Adds additional special weapon ammo to all boss and guardian fights.
- We have doubled the amount of damage done to armored enemies by the incorrect weapon type. This will result in enemies feeling much less absorptive of damage when the player has the wrong weapon equipped. We still highly encourage players to spend their silver to upgrade a variety of weapon types so as to maximize damage to tough enemies.
- General Winkler has had his health lowered to be more in line with the difficulty of the Zeppelin level.
- The Bombdog damage has been slightly lowered.
- The base Shotgun, Autopistol, and SMG damage output has been increased to bring them in line with other basic weapons.
- Tower Gate Guardians have had their level lowered in all Districts to better reflect the level of enemies inside the Towers. The Towers are still intended to be played by players level 20 or higher.
- Added the ability to toggle “iron sights” on/off.
- Lowered controller rumble on Xbox One.
- Added the option to turn off enemy health bars to the Gameplay options. Note that this will not turn off armor barriers or enemy level, so we recommend players have a high degree of familiarity with enemies before turning health bars off.
- Added more than 20 additional duplicate tutorials to the Districts to allow for easier game completion as well as better coverage for new players.
- Added a unique icon for Tutorial Computers when player has the correct Secrets Collector upgrade.
- Lowered Lothar’s healthpoints during the “Penthouse” stage of the boss.
- Made a variety of changes to Lothar’s accuracy and damage during his final stage.
- Added an alarm and audio cue for the 4th Reich jet planes during the Lothar fight to give players more of a chance to dodge or shoot down the planes.
- Reduced the number of missiles during the Lothar flight stage.