THQ Nordic has just announced a new hunting game that will be coming out only on current-gen platforms. This new hunting game is called Way of the Hunter and is being developed by Nine Rocks Games.
Players will take on the role of a seasoned hunter who has just taken over his grandfather’s hunting cabin and the opportunity to proceed with the family tradition of selling high-quality game meat. Additionally, the game promises to feature a variety of biomes that will provide the player with a vast area of beautiful nature to explore.
David Durcák, CEO at Nine Rocks Games, said:
“With Way of the Hunter, we are going to start a new franchise. The Way of the Hunter franchise finally gives this expansive audience of players a hunting experience as rich in story-telling as it is realistic in ballistic simulation. To create the best game possible, we’ve assembled a seasoned team of skilled professionals, who worked on games like DayZ or the Cabela’s hunting games before.”
Here are also the game’s key features:
- Dozens of strikingly detailed animal species with realistic behavior models for a truly immersive hunting experience
- Enjoy your perfect hunting adventure among friends in co-op mode
- Hunt like a pro with features that highlight animal signs, blood splatter analysis, and shot review with the rewindable bullet camera
- Two vast hunting territories with 55 square miles each
- Realistic ballistics and bullet physics simulation
- Sophisticated natural animal animations and reactions when sensing the players presence
- A compelling story about the struggles of a family hunting business, and the rivalry and friendships that surround it
- Complex Trophy system generates unique antlers and horns based on multiple factors like fitness and age
- Shot review with the rewindable bullet camera