Digital Extremes launched today its biggest, most comprehensive update of 2016 – The War Within – for the PC version of its Free-to-Play action title Warframe. In order to celebrate this announcement, the team released a new trailer that can be viewed below.
According to the press release, Warframe boasts an active community of more than 26 million registered players on all platforms. That’s a really impressive number, even though we’re talking about a F2P title.
Within update contains the highly-anticipated cinematic quest continuing last December’s The Second Dream – the game’s most played update to date – and drives players to embark on a chilling journey featuring multiple new missions, planets, and stunning story-driven cinematics.
- LORE-DRIVEN CINEMATIC QUEST: Uncover the secrets of an empire. The Queen’s fortress hosts a maze of caves and Grineer technology, but much more ornate than previously seen from the Grineer. Be careful! The Fortress is heavily guarded with new and dangerous foes. Bypass their heavy defenses and enter the Queens’ Chamber to uncover their hidden secrets.
- NEW ENEMIES: A new breed of Grineer comes to light. Wearing heavy armor and adorned in red cloth, the Kuva Guardians are among the fighting elite in the Queens’ army. Beware: mischievous Jester-like creatures that are quick to attack and are quite deadly often accompany them.
- NEW WEAPONS: Dominate new enemies with these powerful new Weapons:
– Twin Rogga – Dual pistols capable of assassinating targets from a distance as well as in combat.
– Zarr – Akin to a sci-fi musket, this heavy-hitting weapon that packs enough power to kill multiple enemies or even larger enemies at point-blank range with a single shot.
– Kesheg – A shimmering, ornate melee staff that is extremely dangerous up close.
- NEW CUSTOMIZATIONS: Give your Warframes, Landing Crafts and Companions a new look with a new Syandana, Sugatra, Armor and Skins.
- NEW MISSION TYPE: In the new mission type ‘Assault,’ players engage in a multi-stage stealth and action mission where they breach an enemy base in an asteroid field to prevent an attack.