Valve, the studio behind Half Life: Alyx, Team Fortress 2, and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is currently looking to hire one psychologist. As per a new listing posted on their official site, the developer is looking for a psychologist to join their team to help develop its future games and the STEAM storefront.
As the listing reads, “We hire people with broad skill sets who also exhibit deep expertise. Psychologists at Valve contribute to a wide variety of initiatives across the company and are trusted to prioritize their work in collaboration with their peers.”
Valve has employed a number of psychologists over the past years as well, to conduct experiments like sweat detection and eye-tracking for games, and other projects.
Candidates will need to “research compelling new hardware technologies” as the Job listing indicates. Following the success of Half Life: Alyx, Valve is now hiring new staff to craft the future of some of their games.
The said candidate must help the developer:
- Craft compelling gameplay experiences for future Valve titles
- Provide insights on human behavior to improve customer experiences on Steam, our game distribution platform
- Conduct statistical analyses on Valve’s gameplay, financial, and company data to identify patterns of behavior
- Research compelling new hardware technologies
- Design experiments to evaluate various gameplay hypotheses and design choices
- Improve existing playtesting methodologies
- Develop innovative ways of acquiring data to answer questions about Valve’s products and business practices
Stay tuned for more!