Unity Technologies today announced that the Unity 2019.3 Tech Stream is now available to download from the Unity Store. Unity 2019.3 arrives with more than 260 improvements and features. This includes the production-ready version of the High Definition Render Pipeline (HDRP), which unlocks beautiful graphics on high-end consoles and PCs.
Furthermore, Unity 2019.3 introduces a new User Interface with revamped icons, better usability, and faster performance that continues Unity’s evolution towards a leaner, more powerful, more optimized Editor experience.
Brett Bibby, Vice President of Engineering, Unity Technologies, said:
“With the release of Unity 2019.3, we are continuing our focus of giving all creators the power they need. Creators can now have a more optimized, stable, and pleasant, creative experience. Unity 2019.3 includes more than 260 improvements and new features focused on giving you the confidence that what you’re making right now will look and perform beautifully – whether you’re targeting the technologies of today or the platforms of tomorrow.”
Here are the key features of Unity 2019.3.
Unity 2019.3 Key Features
- HDRP Now Production Ready. The power of control that developers need to unleash beautiful high fidelity graphics on high-end consoles and PCs is now available for all. Also available today is the full-length version of The Heretic, which is created using HDRP and off-the-shelf Unity technology. This real-time feature includes CG humans and demonstrates what’s possible right now on Unity
- Universal Render Pipeline Production Ready Since Unity 2019.1. Formerly known as the Lightweight Render Pipeline, the Universal Render Pipeline delivers beautiful graphics, scalability, and performance for the broadest array of platforms, including 2D, 3D, and AR/VR projects. New integrated Post Processing brings improved performance. Its increased light limit also gives creators the power to exercise more creative freedom
- Massive Evolution in 2D. A new suite of 2D tools, a dedicated 2D renderer, and features makes high-end creation more accessible by bringing new and improved production-ready workflows to teams of all sizes. A new sample project that showcases this evolution, Lost Crypt, is now available to download
- Visual Effect Graph Now Production Ready. Create stunning, reusable, high-fidelity visual effects; now integrated with Shader Graph for faster creation of custom looks
- Real-Time Ray Tracing Enters Preview. Built on top of HDRP, Unity’s real-time ray tracing realistically simulates how light behaves and interacts with physical materials, bringing global illumination and other effects to all types of projects, from photo-realistic to stylized
Last but not least, the team revealed that Unity 2020.1 will arrive midyear. Moreover, Unity 2020.2 will come in the fall. Additionally, Unity 2019.4 LTS, which is the most stable version for productions ready to ship, will arrive in spring 2020.