CD Projekt RED has released a new update for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. According to its changelog, this patch improves transitions between distinct scenes and gameplay sequences, and comes with various fixes for both the main game and the Heart of the Stone expansion. This patch is available on both GOG and Steam, and you can read its complete changelog below.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Patch 1.12 Changelog:
Hearts of Stone
- Fixes issue whereby achievement titled Wild Rose Dethorned could not be completed.
- Fixes interaction on pickaxe in quest titled Enchanting: Quality Has Its Price.
- Fixes issue (in majority of contexts) whereby not all diagrams could be collected in quest titled From Ofier’s Distant Shores.
- Fixes rare issue whereby some players were prevented from spreading smoke throughout all rooms in crypt during quest titled Dead Man’s Party.
- Fixes issue whereby book merchant named Marcus T.K. Hodgson failed to appear in market square in Novigrad.
- Fixes rare issue whereby some Knights of the Flaming Rose in quest titled Open Sesame! in Hearts of Stone expansion could not be killed.
- Introduces a number of improvements to general game performance.
- Fixes issue whereby treasure hunt titled The Drakenborg Redemption remained in Journal despite completion of all objectives.
- Fixes issue whereby swapping of enchanted gear within Inventory granted permanent bonuses to statistics.
- Fixes issue whereby treasure hunt titled The Royal Air Force remained in Journal despite completion of all objectives.
- Fixes issue whereby players could not eavesdrop on guards during quest titled Witcher Seasonings in Hearts of Stone expansion.
- Fixes issue whereby some players could not talk to Shani at certain juncture of quest titled Dead Man’s Party in Hearts of Stone expansion.
- Introduces a series of minor difficulty balance tweaks at all difficulty levels in Hearts of Stone expansion.
- Fixes rare issue whereby inebriation effect would persist on screen after quest titled Dead Man’s Party in Hearts of Stone expansion.
- Fixes issue whereby phase titled Enchanting: Start-up Costs would remain in Journal after Enchanter was paid relevant amount.
- Fixes incorrect Stamina bonus granted for Caparison of Lament in New Game + mode.
- Fixes incorrect mesh appearing on Viper School swords in New Game + mode.
- Fixes previously unlootable container within Kaer Morhen watchtower during quest titled Scavenger Hunt: Wolf School Gear.
- Fixes rare issue whereby a doll could not be picked up in quest titled Where the Cat and Wolf Play.
- Fixes specific user’s issue with werewolf in quest titled Contract: Skellige’s Most Wanted.
- Fixes issue whereby some toxic gas clouds failed to poison or deal damage to player character.
- Fixes issue whereby scabbard meshes were missing from witchers other than Geralt.
- Fixes rare issue whereby attacks performed near friendly NPCs resulted in unintended regeneration of Stamina.
- Fixes exploit involving Alchemy skill titled Tissue Transmutation.
- Fixes issue whereby quickslots could disappear if game difficulty level was changed during combat.
- Fixes exploit involving Superior White Raffard’s Decoction and skill named Delayed Recovery.
- Fixes rare issue whereby skill named Flood of Anger incorrectly enabled Signs Tree and enhanced Sign Intensity permanently.
- Introduces fix whereby special bonus granted by Superior Blizzard will take effect only when slow-motion is triggered.
- Fixes a number of issues affecting potion called Chort decoction.
- Fixes rare issue whereby some mini-bosses could become immortal under certain circumstances.
- Fixes misleading message displayed when players attempted to cast Signs in combat, while enveloped by a cloud resulting from the detonation of a Dimeritium Bomb.
- Fixes issue whereby items in merchants’ stores could not be compared to currently equipped items.
- Fixes exploit whereby some items (runes, glyphs) could be upgraded infinitely.
- Introduces UI enhancement whereby herb name is now displayed above available interaction.
- Fixes issue whereby keys/controls (mouse and keyboard) were not unbound from current setting when attempted.
- Fixes issue whereby Toggle HUD button would not always work correctly during set scenes.
- Introduces enhancement whereby ingredients required for a pinned formula and in possession of a merchant are now highlighted in said merchant’s Shop screen.
- Improves quest tracking by enabling tracking of objectives across different game regions.
- Fixes issue whereby Witcher Medallion and statistics bar could disappear if game difficulty level was changed during combat.
- Introduces enhancement on PC systems whereby weapon and armor repair kits can now be applied via drag and drop.
- Fixes issue on PC systems whereby toggling HUD did not work correctly on QWERTZ and AZERTY keyboard configurations.
- Fixes issue whereby treasure hunt titled Shortcut would not complete correctly.
- Fixes issue whereby destroyed monster nests would respawn after a time.
- Fixes rare issue whereby Shop screen would not open correctly for traveling merchants.
- Fixes issue whereby NPCs failed to return to abandoned settlement named Ruined Inn.
- Fixes issue whereby some human foes could have empty Vitality bars and thus could not be killed.
- Fixes rare issue whereby some players could not talk to Fergus during quest titled Master Armorers.
- Fixes rare issue whereby a monster disappeared incorrectly during quest titled Contract: Phantom of the Trade Route.
- Restores notice regarding quest titled Races: Crow’s Perch to notice board at said ingame location.
- Fixes premature display of objective involving placement of a book on a pedestal in quest titled The Witchers’ Forge.
- Fixes rare issue whereby relevant reward was not granted for completion of Contract: The Creature from the Oxenfurt Forest.
- Fixes issue whereby encounter with caged wyvern near Oxenfurt was inactive.
- Fixes a number of rare issues with blacksmith in Mulbrydale in quest titled Person in Distress.
- Fixes issue whereby quest titled Novigrad, Closed City II would incorrectly be tagged as failed if completed prior to installation of patch 1.10.
- Introduces balance improvement whereby prices of goods throughout Skellige drop by 10% after Geralt kills the giant and agrees to take all the credit for it in quest titled The Lord of Undvik.
- Fixes issue whereby quests titled The Nobleman Statuette and The Soldier Statuette were incorrectly and prematurely deactivated and could not be completed.
- Fixes incorrect map-pin in treasure hunt titled Freya Be Praised!
- Fixes rarely occurring technical glitch whereby older patch fixes failed to work correctly.
- Fixes rare issue whereby players could not talk to Hattori after completing quest titled Of Swords and Dumplings.
- Fixes rare issue whereby Nidas would fail to appear in Novigrad during quest titled Black Pearl.
- Fixes issue whereby treasure hunt titled Temerian Valuables would not complete correctly.
- Fixes rare issue whereby quest titled Get Junior would remain active in Journal after game was completed.
- Fixes issues whereby some Character glossary entries were displayed incorrectly in game.
- Fixes issue whereby quest titled Free Spirit could not be completed.
- Fixes appearance on screen of unwanted visual artifacts after Geralt was teleported to new locations.
- Improves transitions between distinct scenes and gameplay sequences.
- Fixes issue whereby launching The Witcher 3 on systems running the Windows OS discarded sRGB settings in users’ ICC profiles.
- Fixes rare issue whereby NPC animations would playback at reduced speed after quest titled On Thin Ice.
- Fixes issue whereby quest titled Faithful Friend would incorrectly remain tagged as failed after quest titled Something Ends, Something Begins was completed.