CD Projekt RED has released a new patch for the PC version of The Witcher 3. According to its changelog, this patch improves Nvidia Hairworks performance, improves input responsiveness when using keyboard, extends Sharpen Postprocess settings to Off/Normal/High, and boosts texture anisotropy sampling to 16x on Ultra preset.
Those interested can download the patch from their GOG accounts (patch should also be available on Steam, meaning that the game will auto-update itself if you’ve purchased it from there).
Here is its changelog:
- Improves stability in gameplay and the UI.
- Improves performance especially in cutscenes and gameplay
- Fixes grass and foiliage popping that can occur after density parameters change
- Improves Nvidia Hairworks performance
- Boosted texture anisotropy sampling to 16x on Ultra preset
- Sharpen Postprocess settings extended from Off/On to Off/Normal/High
- Improves menu handling
- Improves input responsiveness when using keyboard
- Corrects an issue with stamina regeneration while sprinting
- Fixes a cursor lock issue that sometimes occcurs when scrolling the map
- Generally improves world map focus
- Corrects a bug where player was able to fire bolts at friendly NPCs
- Corrects an issue in dialog selections
- Corrects some missing translations in the UI
- Minor SFX improvements -Blood particles will now properly appear after killing enemies on the water
- Rostan Muggs is back