Bethesda and Tango Gameworks have released a new update for the PC version of The Evil Within. According to its changelog, this update adds a 60FPS cap option for those able to push such framerates, adds a Letterbox setting via which players can disable the letterbox “black bars” in the game settings, and fixes gameplay issues when running at >30 FPS. As always, this update will be auto-downloaded from Steam and you can view its complete changelog below.
The Evil Within – PC Update Changelog:
- Frame lock settings added
- In settings, you can now toggle between a 30 FPS and 60 FPS cap.
- Letterbox setting
- UI toggle to disable the letterbox bars
- Fixes gameplay issues when running at >30 FPS
- Fixes for visual issues associated with removing letterbox framing
- Achievements now work when console is enabled
- Fix for game starting in windowed mode on first run
- Minor localization fixes