Ubisoft has revealed that “Tidal Basin”, the first post-launch update for Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 will be made available tomorrow. “Tidal Basin” is part of “Invasion: Battle for D.C.”, the first free post-launch update that includes upcoming releases of “Operation Dark Hours”, the first 8-player raid in the history of The Division, and a brand new Specialisation.
As part of the endgame and post-launch first philosophy of Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, ”Invasion: Battle for D.C.” brings new challenges and content:
- Players face a new challenge in encountering Tidal Basin, a new stronghold held by the Black Tusk Faction. Tidal Basin is now home to some of the most powerful enemies in the game, and they’re not going down without a fight.
- After completing the Tidal Basin Stronghold, players will be able to advance to World Tier 5 and unlock the possibility to obtain gear scores 450-500.
- “Invasion: Battle for D.C.” introduces a new Heroic difficulty setting making for some of the most challenging gameplay yet.
- Upon reaching World Tier 5, weekly invasions will be introduced with the Black Tusk taking control over selected main missions and strongholds in the city. These activities are harder to complete but more rewarding in loot and gear.
- Players can now enjoy two new exotic weapons, Pestilence and Nemesis as well as three new gear sets: True Patriot, Hardwired and Ongoing Directive.
- As part of the update, all players will also have access a new PVP map called Fort McNair
- The Invasion Apparel Event, which will allow agents to collect outfits inspired by the enemy factions, as well as new masks and weapon skins.
- Operation Dark Hours is the toughest of all challenges: an 8- player raid that will test the teamwork of the most experienced agents, coming April 25th.
- Coming in a future update, Agents will have the chance to unlock a brand new Specialisation.
Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 is described as the next evolution in the open-world online shooter RPG genre that the first game helped establish. Set seven months after a deadly virus was released in New York City, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 brings players into a fractured and collapsing Washington D.C.
Building upon more than two years of listening to and learnings from The Division community, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 will offer a substantial campaign that organically flows into a robust endgame, to create a cohesive and meaningful experience for all types of players, helping players emphasize their freedom to make strategic choices and hone their own approach.