Stoic has just announced that The Banner Saga 2 will be released on Steam on April 19th. Both Windows and OSX versions will be available at launch, and Versus Evil is offering the game with a 10% discount until its launch day.
As Stoic’s developer Myll_Erik stated:
“We’re proud to have the Windows and OSX version of the game launching on April 19th. The preorder will also be on a 10% discount up until we launch the game but we will not have any launch day or launch week discounts, however our main price will only be 19.99 this time around instead of 24.99.”
The Banner Saga 2 takes place after the climactic events of The Banner Saga. The choices that players made in the first game will also affect who is alive and who is dead in the sequel.
“As the world continues to crumble around you, only one bastion of hope remains, but getting there will require strong leadership, hard sacrifices, influencing new heroes, and, as always, sound strategy in combat.”
Here are the key features of The Banner Saga 2:
- The epic Viking saga continues on – beautifully 2D hand drawn combat sequences and animations are further enhanced with special effects, once again accompanied by an evocative score from Grammy-nominated composer Austin Wintory
- Player choice that continues to drive your narrative – your story continues based on choices made in the first game as well as hard choices you have to make in this one.
- New Characters and a New Race – continue your epic journey interacting with new characters and a new race, the Horseborn.
- Improved Strategic combat with consequences – improved, more strategic battle boards enhance combat and permanent loss of characters will still weigh heavy on your mind long after the battle is over.
- The journey is as important as battle – your role in building and managing your caravan as you travel the vast landscape is critical to not only your own survival but the survival of an entire civilization.