The Oculus Rift will be released on March 28th and a must-have tool for that gadget is undoubtedly Guy Godin’s Virtual Desktop. Virtual Desktop is an application developed for the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive that let’s you use your computer in VR.
Basically, this means that you can browse the web, watch movies, Netflix or even play games on a giant virtual screen.
Here are some of the features of Virtual Desktop:
- Hardware accelerated 360 video playback
- Ability to play/stream YouTube 360 videos
- Browse and view 360 photos
- MilkDrop support for music visualization
- 3D Side-By-Side video support
- Game launcher with voice commands
- Environment Editor to create custom environments
In order to showcase his application, Guy Godin released a new video for it that can be viewed below. And we can guarantee you that you’ll be sold on VR thanks to this video alone.
It looks phenomenal, so be sure to watch it!