Team17 has revealed the first details of Worms Rumble, the brand-new instalment in the iconic and multi-award-winning Worms franchise. Worms Rumble will be the first game in the series to feature real-time combat and multi-platform cross-play. Up to 32 players will able to take part in matches in a range of arena maps, including a multi-levelled shopping mall – complete with its own ballistic missile silo.
Worms Rumble will be fully-supported by ongoing, content updates featuring new arenas and customisations. Players will be able to level up their Worm and progress through the ranks. Players can also earn new weapons skins and character customisations, accessories and emotes as they go.
Here are the key features of Worms Rumble.
- Worms goes real-time: Every round is in REAL TIME. When enemies rain down fire, unleash heck right back!
- Up-to-32-player, cross-platform multiplayer: Play across PlayStation generations and PC, with Deathmatch and Last Worm Standing solo and squad battle royale modes available at launch
- Classic Weapons/New Ways to Play: Arm Worms with new and returning fan-favourite weapons, including the Bazooka, Holy Hand Grenade, and Hand Cannon
- Events, Challenges and ‘The Lab’: Take part in seasonal events, daily and community challenges, and experiment with new gameplay mechanics and weapons in ‘The Lab’.
- Player Customisations: Earn XP and in-game currency to unlock and purchase weapon skins, outfits, accessories and emotes. Players create their personal style for the battlefield.
In order to celebrate this announcement, Team17 has also launched a new trailer for this new Worms game. This trailer will give you an idea of what you can expect from Worms Rumble.