Paramount Pictures and Namco Bandai Games today revealed that STAR TREK The Video Game will be released on April 26, 2013, in Europe and Australasia. Moreover, the legion of eager Star Trek fans and gamers will be able to place their order soon, as STAR TREK The Video Game‘s preorder program will be starting in the coming weeks at participating retailers. STAR TREK will bring an original adventure to the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC at retailers and via digital download for PC and PlayStation 3.
All pre-orders for the game will include access to the “Elite Officer Pack,” which features exclusive items and unique uniforms for legendary characters Kirk and Spock, who play front and center in a completely new story created especially for STAR TREK The Video Game, written by BAFTA award winner Marianne Krawczyk.
The exclusive “Elite Officer Pack” will include:
– Stealth Pack – Kirk and Spock stealth uniforms, plus Starfleet Type IV Stealth Sniper Rifle and extra ammo
– Brawler Pack – Kirk leather jacket costume and Spock Vulcan Science Academy costume
– Kelvin Pack – Kirk and Spock U.S.S. Kelvin uniforms, plus U.S.S. Kelvin Hand Phaser
– Academy Pack – Kirk Academy Uniform, Spock Officer Dress Uniform, plus Academy Phaser
– Kobayashi Maru Pack – Kirk and Spock Kobayashi Maru uniforms
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved - and still does - the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the "The Evolution of PC graphics cards."