Rebellion has released a new patch for Snipe Elite 4. This patch will update your game’s version to 1.2, adds the Elimination multiplayer mode, and introduces a new multiplayer map.
In addition, this patch comes with a number of fixes for the game’s single-player mode. Among other things, Rebellion has applied various Steam controller fixes, and fixed various weapon glitches and bugs to reduce chances of players or AI having no visible weapon, or weapons held in the wrong pose or using the wrong animation
Furthermore, the enemy AI has been slightly tweaked and is less prone to exploitation by player during investigation.
This patch will be auto-downloaded from Steam, and you can read its complete changelog below.
Sniper Elite 4 – Patch 1.2 Changelog:
- Free Elimination multiplayer mode, available on all existing multiplayer maps.
- Free Night Woods multiplayer map, supports all competitive modes including Elimination.
- Support for Deathstorm Part 1: Inception and Night Fighter Expansion Pack.
- Updated Achievements
- Applied various Steam controller fixes.
- “Drop Down” added to keyboard bindings for remapping.
- Ensured saves don’t occur while the player is in mid-air. Also reduced occurrences of saves next to an exploding vehicle.
- Vehicles now resume what they were doing previously when restored from a save, and no longer persist with dead targets. Tweaked tank and pillbox vision.
- Fixed various weapon glitches and bugs to reduce chances of players or AI having no visible weapon, or weapons held in the wrong pose or using the wrong animation. Picked-up weapons now retain their skin if that was not the base model.
- Scope will no longer allow the player to see through various objects.
- Fixed binocular reticule glitch in 3D.
- Standing in a bush no longer awards a foliage kill. Also improved the detection for various other stats and shot callouts.
- Bullet cams in Eyefinity and other super-wide resolutions should no longer zoom in excessively.
- AI now slightly less prone to exploitation by player during investigations. Dead bodies more likely to stop AI running into obvious death-traps.
- Applied various fixes for corrupt profiles.
- Fixed issues with various challenges:
- No Manual Reloading (Allagra Fortress)
- No Tagging (various)
- Melee Ace (Abrunza Monastery)
- Fixed miscellaneous document on Giovi Fiorini Mansion
- The server browser can now be sorted on any column.
- The “Invite” button will now work when connected to dedicated servers.
- Dedicated servers will now be included in matchmaking.
- Dedicated servers now support remote connections from the Sniper Elite 4 RCON web interface. See our follow up announcement for more details.
- Applied various dedicated server fixes.
- Ensured Overwatch characters are restored right way round if starting from a save.
- Players will be harder to tag through objects.
- Applied various out-of-world and collision fixes to reduce exploits on all maps.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”