Bethesda has released a new beta patch for the Special Edition of Skyrim. This patch will update your game’s version to 1.4 and comes with a number of mods enhancements, as well as general performance and stability improvements.
This new update for Skyrim adds Featured category for mods, the ability ability to sort Highest Rated and Most Favorited filters by today, week, month and all time, adds number of ratings count to Mods Browsing Menu, adds number of favorites count to Mod Details page, and adds required dependencies to Mod Details page.
It’s worth noting that all of these improvements were also introduced to Fallout 4 via its latest beta update.
Here is the changelog for Fallout 4’s beta update 1.4.
- Added Featured category for mods
- Added ability to sort Highest Rated and Most Favorited filters by today,
- week, month and all time
- Added number of ratings count to Mods Browsing Menu
- Added number of favorites count to Mod Details page
- Added required dependencies to Mod Details page
- Added latest version number and notes to Mod Details page
- General performance and stability improvements
- Improvements to Reporting mods categories
- Fixed occasional crashes while scrolling through Load Order menu
- Improved Bethesda.net error messaging
And here is how you can access this beta update for Skyrim.
- Log into Steam.
- Right Click on Skyrim Special Edition in your Library.
- Select Settings.
- Select Betas.
- A drop down menu will appear. Select Beta.
- Select OK.
- Wait a few minutes and Skyrim Special Edition should update.
- When done, Skyrim Special Edition should appear as Skyrim Special Edition [Beta] in your Library.