Creative Assembly has announced a large update for the Assembly Kit for Total War: WARHAMMER that introduces battle map editing. The map editor is called Terry and it is currently in beta for Windows 10. A full release of this editor is slated for the end of the month, and will support both Windows 7 and 8.
In order to celebrate this announcement, Creative Assembly released a new trailer for this battle map editor that can be viewed below.
Creative Assembly has also revealed the changelog for this update for Total War: WARHAMMER’s Assembly Kit.
- This Beta is for Windows 10 users only. Windows 7 and 8 will be available at full release at the end of February.
- Grass currently does not generate on maps in game.
- Land battle map editing for custom and multiplayer battle.
- Full suite of environment models, props, SFX and VFX for map creation.
- A.I. hints, deployment editing, no-go regions, terraforming, texture terrain painting, vegetation terrain painting and more.
- Customizable layout and layering within the tools for easy organization and navigation.
- Easy one click export that creates a .pack file for you map, allowing you to toggle it on and off in the Total War Launcher as you wish.
- Live map transfer in multiplayer. Simply host a game with a custom map and other players will download it automatically without the need to subscribe on the workshop. The maps will be deleted after the battle (unless subscribed to in the workshop or manually placed in the game data folder)
- Share maps via steam workshop and subscribe to your favourites. Having maps enabled will not affect your ability to join multiplayer games.