Modder ‘mathy79’ has released a new version of the Skyrim 3D Trees and Plants mod. In case you weren’t aware of, Skyrim 3D Trees and Plants aims to offer the most realistic forests and comes with more than 200 High Quality 3D replacer models for the Skyrim trees and plants, as well as high quality sharp lightweight texturing.
Version 3.4.0 adds new trees and plants, re-exports 22 diffuse textures in dxt1 in order to reduce overall VRAM usage, uv-maps all 3d snow models from scratch in order to reduce drawcall times, and features various plants and trees placement and scaling correction.
Furthermore, this new version features 4 normals map re-exported with bitmaps, snow diffuse a bit darker, various minor improvements to textures, and further tunes animation parameters where neeeded.
Those interested can download the latest version of the Skyrim 3D Trees and Plants mod from here. The modder has not released any new screenshots so we’ve included some from older versions. You can also find below its complete changelog.
Skyrim 3D Trees and Plants Version 3.4.0 Release Notes
—TREES NEW MODELS—
- treepineforestsnow02 (replaced old badly scaled snow pine)
—PLANTS NEW MODELS—
- 22 diffuse textures re-exported in dxt1, v-ram load reduced
- All 3d snow models uv-mapped from scratch, drawcall times reduced
- 4 normals map re-exported with bitmaps
- snow diffuse a bit darker
- various minor improvements
—ANIMATIONS weight painting—
- 5/6 Aspen trees
- 6/6 Winter aspen trees
- animation parameters tuned where neeeded
- more plants and trees placement and scaling corrections (6102 records in this version)