Croteam has released a new update for their action-ish FPS game, Serious Sam 3: BFE. This update comes with official Mac OSX support, as well as with cross-platform support between the Windows and the Mac builds. Moreover, the patch features various optimizations, fixes to memory leaks when re-importing the same mesh over an over in editor and support for multiple keyboards and mouses in split-screen on Windows. This update will be auto-downloaded next time you start the Steam client and you can view its complete changelog below.
Serious Sam 3: BFE Update Changelog:
– Support for Mac OSX added. Cross-platform play between Windows and Mac builds is supported.
– Support for multiple keyboards and mouses in split-screen on Windows. (The split screen configuration dialog is much more complex now.)
– Serious Editor can now import and export files (meshes, skeletons and animations) in Autodesk FBX format.
– Updated Chinese translations.
– Update auto-detection script file with nVidia GeForce GTX 680 GPU.
– Fixed muzzle flash in firing animation on blue Biomech.
– Optimisations in occlusion culling system.
– Optimized synchronization in multithreaded rendering.
– Optimized vertex buffer locking on OpenGL.
– Fixed problem with occasional wrong (dark) rendering under OpenGL.
– Fixed memory leaks when re-importing the same mesh over an over in editor.