Microsoft and Rare have released a new major patch for Sea of Thieves. This patch will update the game’s version to 1.1.0 and comes with new free content, as well as CPU performance improvements and new customization options.
Going into more details, the new free content – called The Hungering Deep – campaign offers players a new adventure where they will unravel the mystery of the monstrous Megalodon, a new AI threat that players will be working together to defeat. Rare has provided new tools to help you accomplish this feat – the speaking trumpet and a flag system – each offering a new way to communicate with other players on the high seas, alongside a new instrument in the Drum, which will form a key part of uncovering the secrets of the Megalodon.
The Hungering Deep update is available without charge to all Sea of Thieves players PC, or who have access to it as part of Xbox Game Pass and below you can find the changelog for this new patch.
Sea of Thieves Patch 1.1.0 Release Notes
- Pirate Preview Camera – The daily dilemma for every pirate, what to wear?! Make that an informed decision with the new animations within the clothing and vanity chests. These new animations will bring focus to the area you are currently equipping. Imagine a pirate lifting their leg when equipping a peg leg… you get it!
- Loading Screen – In case too much grog has made some pirates forget… the loading screen imagery has been updated to highlight The Hungering Deep campaign.
- CPU performance has been improved when loading objects.
Further improvements and optimisations for all platforms are ongoing.
- Permanent black loading screens will no longer be encountered when returning from the Ferry or using the mermaid.
- Leaving and returning to the ship will no longer remove the tool-tip to unload cannons which are loaded.
- Upon starting a Merchant Contract or Bounty Voyage, the UI message will correctly state “Quest Received” rather than “Maps Discovered”.
- Coral and plants will no longer appear to pop in when approaching the reef near Fools Lagoon.
- Light will no longer appear to flicker underneath the large eagle rock on Plunder Valley.
- Upon spawning at an outpost, an issue has been resolved which would occasionally cause the crew’s Galleon to be missing.
- Resolved a known cause of some player disconnects.
- Multiple server and client crash fixes.
- Customer Support have resolved all known players who were missing downloadable content in-game.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”