XYLA Entertainment announced that Rush Bros, a side-scrolling platform racing action game featuring music-reactive level design, will be arriving on Steam for PC and Mac on May 24th 2013.
Ian Boswell, Game Designer, XYLA Entertainment said:
“Rush Bros. started as a modification to Portal 2 co-op which turned the players against each other. The unique multiplayer mechanics and dueling Dubstep DJ themes became a metaphor for the unique social dynamic of cooperation through competition.”
Here are Rush Bros’ key features:
· Over 40 pulse-pounding, music-infused, platform racing tracks, jam-packed with puzzles, obstacles and power-ups
· Single Player Mode allows players to learn the levels and hone their skills against their own Ghost Data
· Online multiplayer includes PC / Mac cross-platform support
· Local multiplayer – split screen on one Mac or PC
· Reactive level design – the music you play directly affects the movement of traps, obstacles and backgrounds
· Choose to play using your own MP3 or OGG music library and see the level design react to what’s playing
· Evolving gameplay through updates that will feature new Level Packs, Game Modes and more
· Steamworks integration including Big Picture, Leaderboards and Achievements
· Features musical tracks by Infected Mushroom complete with custom themed level and characters.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”