Psyonix announced today that Rocket League has more than 33 million players across all platforms, and that the Anniversary Update will be available for download later today beginning at 3pm PDT.
According to the press release, this update features a FREE new arena named ‘Champions Field,’ and a variety of other content including:
- FREE Rick & Morty Customization items distributed as Common drops after online and offline matches, including Rick and Morty Antennas, ‘Cromulon,’ ‘Mr. Meeseeks,’ and ‘Mr. PBH’ Toppers, an ‘Interdimensional GB’ Rocket Boost, and ‘Sanchez DC-137’ Wheels
- ‘Rocket League Radio,’ which adds a new default music playlist “Rocket League x Monstercat” with 18 new tracks from EDM music label Monstercat
- New Import Battle-Cars ‘Animus GP’ and ‘Centio V17,’ available exclusively as drops inside the new ‘Overdrive Crate’
- New Overdrive Crate with the potential to unlock animated decals, brand-new trails, and more
- New customization options like ‘Engine Audio,’ ‘Goal Explosions,’ and ‘Trails’ that are a mix of FREE selections and Crate drops
- End to ‘Competitive Season 4’ and Trail rewards distributed to competing players based on their highest skill tier reached
Beginning of ‘Competitive Season 5’ with new changes
- Six new achievements and trophies
- and more!
Psyonix stated that it will reveal additional game statistics on the evening of July 6th in honor of the game’s 2nd birthday!