Deep Silver today announced the limited Collector’s Edition of Risen 2: Dark Waters for consoles that will be released in the UK on April 27th 2012 alongside the standard edition. Risen 2 is being developed by Piranha Bytes and features new gameplay elements that add to the diversity of Risen 2; for example, players can also use firearms now. And, being pirates, adventurers can also employ special new skills called Dirty Tricks, allowing them to confuse or attack enemies in combat.
The Collector’s Edition will have the following additional content:
· Making of DVD – interviews with the developers from Piranha Bytes who delve deeper into the production of Risen 2
· Soundtrack CD – The gripping tunes of the Risen 2 soundtrack will immediately absorb the listener into this fantastic pirate world
· double-sided poster – a large sized map of the game world on one side and an epic artwork featuring the hero and his crew on board their impressive ship
· Pirate Flag – with the skull motif from Risen 2
· Amulet – a pendant that every pirate and Risen 2 fan will be proud of
· The Art of Risen 2: Dark Waters – an exclusive collection of art cards on high quality-paper
· Three Risen 2 stickers
The Collector’s Edition of Risen 2: Dark Waters will be available for a price of £69.99 on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. No word yet for a potential PC release of this Collector’s Edition!
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved - and still does - the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the "The Evolution of PC graphics cards."