Totem Arts has released the fourth open beta build for its freeware Command & Conquer: Renegade FPS/TPS remake, Renegade X. Renegade X is described as a First/Third Person Shooter with RTS elements, in which players fight for two unique teams, manage their own economies, choose from over 30 weapons, 15 vehicles, and call in nuclear strikes, Ion Cannons, and airstrikes, and much more.
Those interested can download this new beta build from here.
Build 4 is the biggest update for Renegade X, and here are its key major features/changes:
- 3 new levels: Under, Canyon, and Complex.
- Auto-patcher (!)
- Modding/mapping tools (!!)
- Ingame Jukebox (!!!)
- Smoke Grenades
- Vehicle drops
- Building destruction changes: tier one infantry remain accessible after Hand/Bar destruction, Refinery and Powerplant destruction less severe
- Optimization for better performance and crash fixes
- Vehicle kill messages (seeing what destroyed your vehicle)
- Timed C4 countdown (audio and visual indicators)
- EMP grenade changes
- Pawn and vehicle movement adjustments
- New vehicle locking system
- Idle-player kicking system (with warnings)
- Improved spotting system and radio visuals
- New Havoc/Sakura specific explosive arrangements
- New C&C-mode themed loading screen
- Oodles of fixes, balance changes, and more!