Our reader ‘jmx777’ has released a brand new version of his Real Lights plus Ultra Graphics mod for PREY. This new version removes the low polygon LODs and textures for several specific objects and mimics, adds more parts of operators when they explode and optimizes the mod variables in order to offer better performance (5-10 fps depending on the setup) without any visual differences.
Furthermore, Real Lights plus Ultra Graphics mod version 0.99 slightly increases the resolution of shadows, replaces the textures for male arms with ones that are splattered with blood for more realism, and removes the folders from the optional No Reshade download.
What’s also really cool here is that jmx777 has also added a lighter version of this mod for those experiencing performance issues with the default version.
Those interested can download Real Lights plus Ultra Graphics mod version 0.99 from here. Below you can find its complete changelog.
PREY Real Lights plus Ultra Graphics Mod Version 0.99 Release Notes:
- Deactivated low poly lods and textures for several specific objects. Includes all vegetation, arboretums rocks, electrical objects, chairs, all exterior station modules, station antennas, panels and many other props and details (more than 300!)
- Deactivated low poly lods and textures for mimics and all type of phantoms.
- Added More parts of operators when they explode.
- Replaced textures for male arms for ones splattered with blood for more realism (unused ones, as good as vanilla arms textures.
- Unfortunately they aren’t available for the woman model)
- Cleaned and optimized mod variables for more perf (5-10 fps depending on the setup) without any visual difference to the last ver of the mod.
- Increased a little the shadows resolution. This is something that I’m still working to get the maximum res without introducing flickering but it’s heavily limited by the engine.
- Removed unwanted folders from optional No Reshade download.
- New optional download of a lighter version of the mod that contains all the mod tweaks and addons except:
-vanilla v.high view distance (except for lights raised from 75 to 125)
-vanilla lods for specific props, npcs, and station elements
-without level specific shadows
-without denser global fog
-without volumetric shafts for sun
All that ensures an almost near to vanilla perf for those with limited setups.