Pokemon meets Borderlands in this Borderlands ‘PokeBL’ Mod

Now this is a really promising mod for Borderlands. YouTube’s member ‘nolahornets394’ has released an interesting mod for Borderlands, called PokeBL. As the name suggests, players can capture animals with this mod and ‘call’ them while they’re fighting. This package includes custom pokeball grenade mods for 10 different Skag variants, with the “Mutt” seen in the following video being a Corrosive/Fire/Shock hybrid skag.
As the modder suggests, the PokeBall mesh/textures were created by ‘s620ex1’ so kudos to him.
Those interested can download the mod from here.
Players will have to download Zed’s Patch, a UPK file and then, using the WillowTree code below, enter the code into the items tab of their character’s save file in WillowTree. This will spawn a shield in their backpack. This shield enables them to farm for the Pokeball grenades by killing enemies.
Enemies have a 10% chance of dropping a Pokeball, and a 90% chance of dropping any other non-Pearlescent, non-unique item.
There are currently 10 different PokeBall variants, each with a different type of Skag.
Enjoy everyone, though we’d love to see some proper Pokemon animals (like Pikachu, Blastoise, Charizard or Bulbasaur). Here is hoping that the next versions of this mod will – hopefully – add some of them, though we doubt as the goal of this mod is the pokeballs and not the pokemons themselves.
PokeBL v1.0 Release (Skags)

John Papadopoulos

John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved - and still does - the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the "The Evolution of PC graphics cards." Contact: Email