SEGA today announced that free-to-play multiplayer action RPG Phantasy Star Online 2 will be coming to North America and Europe in 2013. For a first look at this new entry in the legendary Phantasy Star series, check out the official Phantasy Star Online 2 teaser site.
Chris Olson, Vice President of Digital Business at SEGA of America said:
“Phantasy Star Online was a revolutionary game when it was released, and we want to make sure that its successor in the series is every bit as ambitious. We look forward to introducing Phantasy Star Online 2’s unique, easy-to-access multiplayer action to the rest of the world next year!”
Satoshi Sakai, Phantasy Star Online 2 Producer at SEGA of Japan added:
“The number one thing we want to provide players in Phantasy Star Online 2 is an adventure that changes every time they log in. Just as great table-top RPG experiences revolve around imaginative and unexpected encounters, we want players to consistently be surprised as they explore dungeons and undertake quests.”
Over ten years have passed since the release of the boundary-breaking Dreamcast hit, Phantasy Star Online, and SEGA is poised to continue the Phantasy Star series’ multiplayer legacy on PCs worldwide with Phantasy Star Online 2. In the Year 238, the New Era of Light, players will join a new band of Arks in the fight against mysterious D-Arkers, embarking on another epic adventure of infinite possibilities!
Phantasy Star Online 2’s features include:
· Deep sci-fi fantasy universe filled with lush landscapes, extraordinary creatures, and epic adventures
· Revolutionary real-time combat and third-person action with devastating combos and counters to master
· Flexible, class-based leveling system that lets players define their own play-style with distinctive melee, ranged, and magic weapon types
· Randomized maps and unexpected mid-quest encounters that ensure each quest is different for each player
· Deep character creation system with a nearly limitless number of potential appearances
· Three degrees of humanity to experience across three unique races: the versatile Humans, spiritually-powered Newmen, and artificial CAST
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved - and still does - the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the "The Evolution of PC graphics cards."